And so it begins, the call of the wild climbing up your spine. Need to escape! Who's coming with me? Choices.. no time, so tell me what to do.
Because we rent both the Surly Disc Trucker and Kona Sutra, we have been receiving a lot of questions about which is the better off the shelf fully-loaded touring bike. The Kona Sutra is a thoughtful enlightenment, a spiritual successor to the once great King and in our opinion a better equipped bike that is more fun to ride... here are the top five reasons why.
|Surly Disc Trucker||Kona Sutra|
The stock Kona Sutra shines with some awesome features:
- The legendary Brooks B17 Standard for all day comfort in the saddle
- The Clement X’Plor MSO 700x40 tires provide ample traction off-road, encouraging you to take the path less traveled
- Geometry that makes the handling fantastically smooth on the road, but begs you to take it off-road
- The included rear rack has a smart set of lower rails for lowering your panniers away from the top platform
- The Hayes CX Expert Disc Brakes are super easy to adjust and strong as all get out
So what's the answer you ask? Well, do you want to ride a touring bike that feels like an old boat of a Cadillac or step into the modern world and have fun riding a bike that is more likened to a do-it-all Subaru? When the 5 o'clock hour strikes and you are already blazing out of the office without saying goodbye, this machine will be poised for an adventure. Escape!